Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Running

Yesterday, about a mile and a half into my jog, I ran past a pond which two geese were standing near. For whatever reason, I really enjoy interacting with animals when I'm running. This usually takes the form of yelling "HEY COW!" when I pass by the cow fields or "Hey there puppy" when a someone is walking their dog. When I came upon the geese, I was feeling a bit froggy because I had gone farther with my run than I had anticipated, so I did my best gangsta impersonation, "Whad up, GEESE!" - complete with hand gestures, and repeated several times. It was fun.
Then about 5 seconds later, a nice young lady ran passed me from behind. It was obvious she saw/heard the whole thing. As she passed, I just meekly said, "sorry 'bout that." She didn't smile, but said, "that's alright" and sped up. I'm pretty sure I freaked her out. Oops.

1 comment:

joe.peebles said...

That's embarassing. But you could have recouped and followed it up with, "Hey LAdy!"