Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Little Miss Sunshine

I saw this movie for the first time tonight. Why did no one tell me to watch this sooner?!?! Seriously. I cried more tonight than I have in a long time. For some reason (which I know but won't divulge at this point), I have a big soft spot for the whole father/daughter relationship particularly when it comes to self-image. If you are a daughter or have a daughter or know a daughter, please watch this movie. There's certainly more to it than just that relationship, but that was a big part of what I took from it.
Wow, there are so many things to write about from this movie. Every main character seemed to go through hell and find love from his/her family on the other side. I thought it was a very Christian message of persistent love. Plus, the whole Proust lesson pertains to them all and it's just beautiful. I might have already given away more than I should, but if you haven't seen this movie, please do so.

No comments: