Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Blogging: Isn't it about... time?

Well, I've written some "blogs" in the past, but they've been on myspace or facebook, so they don't really count. Fortunately, I'm going to cheat and post some of those here so that'll hopefully get me started.
Tangent: I'm getting distracted by the "Save Now" / "Autosave" function on this blog. That is pretty freaking awesome. I'm going to try and see what they're using to do that... It looks like they're using AJAX, which is really cool. If you're into web design at all, check it out. Also, if you hit Ctrl+S, it'll save too. Sorry - I'm way too excited about this.
Back to the topic at hand. It is 'bout time for me to start doing this because I've looked back on some of my blogs and I've really enjoyed them. I think I'm funny, so maybe someone else will too. I used to think it was terribly self-centered to have a blog - and that may yet be true - but to assume that no one out there wants to know about me perpetuates my self-deprecation (which is something I've been told I need to work on).
One other related point is that blogging does take a bit of time, but I believe it is time well-spent. This came to my mind last night as I spent hours playing on-line poker on facebook (with fake money - don't worry Mom). It was a social thing though because my roommate was on another laptop mere feet away from me at the same poker table, so it wasn't THAT bad. But still, I completely wasted my evening when I should've been rambling like this. Whatever. Anyways, I was worried that I wouldn't have/take enough time to keep my blog interesting. But then I have a friend who hasn't posted in over a month. That made me feel better for some reason. Also, after reading really artful, funny and thoughtful blogs, I was afraid that I wouldn't measure up to the blogger standard. But I guess I just got over that.
I'm not sure how long a blog post is really supposed to be, but I'm guessing that I'm nearing my limit, so I should wrap this up.
I'm going to copy/paste some old myspace/facebook blogs later this week, but I want to end some of my blogs with a game for any readers to play. So today's game is called "Common Thread." Find the common thread between these things...

Group #1:
Paul Newman
Clark Gable
Arsenio Hall
Steven Spielberg

Group #2 (different common thread here):
Dinner
Card
Water
Multiplication

#3:
Bundle
Bubble
Glass
Horn

#4:
Paula Abdul
Bob Costas
Gene Simmons
Alex Trebek

Just to clarify, each group has a common thread among the entries; there's no common thread between the different groups.
Leave a comment with your answer(s).

No comments: