Friday, January 8, 2010

My favorites

Top 4(ish) of 2009 - in no particular order

Books I read:

1. Lee Camp's "Mere Discipleship"
2. Don Miller's "A Million Miles In A Thousand Years"
3. C.S. Lewis's "The Problem of Pain"
4. David Sedaris's "Me Talk Pretty One Day" (not the first time I read it though)

Movies I saw:

1. Star Trek
2. Avatar
3. Up
4. Zombieland

Albums I heard for the first time:

1. Andrew Peterson's "Resurrection Letters, Vol 2"
2. Andy Gullahorn's "The Law of Gravity"
3. Derek Webb's "Stockholm Syndrome"

New TV shows I like:

1. Community
2. Glee
3. Modern Family
4. Sing Off

Youtube Clips (sorry, I got carried away):
1. Autotune the News #2 2:40
2. Autotune the News #6 3:01
3. A cappella MJ medley 3:56
4. Weird Al song- "CNR" 2:42
5. The Web for Beginner 1:37
6. ...Goes the Dynomite 3:54
7. Literal TotalEclipse 5:33
8. Letterman v. Phoenix 5:04
9. Murder News Hilarity 0:10


Top 4(ish) of 2010

Books I want to read (but haven't yet):

1. Andrew Peterson's "On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness"
2. Andrew Peterson's "North! Or Be Eaten"
3. Francis Chan's "Crazy Love"
4. David Dark's "The Sacredness of Questioning Everything"

Movies I want to see (but haven't yet):

1. The Fantastic Mr. Fox
2. Where The Wild Things Are
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. (500) Days of Summer
5. An Education
6. The Princess and the Frog

Artists whose new album I want to hear:

1. Caedmon's Call
2. Andrew Peterson
3. Vocal Union (yeah, like that'll happen)

TV Shows I'll probably stop watching:

1. Lost (it's ending)
2. The Office (losing interest)
3. The Big Bang Theory (meh)
4. How I Met Your Mother (we'll see)

------
Miles run:
2009 - 540(ish)
2010 - 701

Weight lost:
2009 - 5(ish)
2010 - 20 (6 so far)

New places:
2009: Belfast, Ireland; Saskatoon, Canada; Manitoba, Canada; Voodoo Doughnut; Glacier Nat'l Park, Montana; Coure D'Alene, ID; Erin, TN
2010: Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away! You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. Oh! The Places You’ll Go!

1 comment:

kathryn said...

What a good idea!

540 miles? I got tired just reading that.

The 2009 year in autotune is a pretty good one, too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZpf3wflu3E