Friday, September 18, 2009

The week in review

This past weekend was filled with music. I spent the majority of Saturday and Sunday arranging "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz for Vocal Union (6-piece a cappella). Then we rehearsed at my house both Monday and Tuesday. Why? Well, we had an audition in Atlanta on Wednesday for an "American Idol"-type show for a cappella groups called "Sing Off." It was a lot of work and kind of fun to do, though I don't recommend using Audacity for Windows if you're going to do much recording. Anyways, we went to the audition and we weren't what they were looking for, but it was neat to see the process. Another group from The Acappella Company also auditioned (Durant) and got a similar summary dismissal. I was really disappointed that night because I had poured a lot of time and effort into it (as had my fellow singers), but I think I'm over it now because I really didn't expect that we'd make it. However, I did have to miss Wicked - which I heard was awesome!

Last night, I went to McCreary's pub with Breton and had a great time getting some relationship advice. For some reason, it's different coming from him now that he's married.

After work today, we leave for Snyder, TX. I'm usually over-the-top in my insults toward Texas (mainly to annoy my Texan friends), but I'm really looking forward to this trip. I always love a road trip and this one definitely qualifies. Estimated travel time to get to Snyder by bus: 17 or 18 hours. Sweet!
On our way back, we'll sing in Memphis on Sunday night, then back to work on Monday.
I believe over the next 2 months, we have 2 weekends off. I LOVE it!

Currently reading:
Mere Discipleship by Lee Camp - I'm at about 80% right now and can tell you I will read this book multiple times and so should you!

Want to read:
When You Are Engulfed In Flames by David Sedaris - I might need something a little lighter after Dr. Camp
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Don Miller - he's the author of at least two books in my Y2K-America-Bible

Cool links from the week:
Michael Jackson Medley
Vocal Union on Twitter
Shuffletime - only if you want to waste a lot of time. (I ordered the Mystery box)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read Mere Discipleship a couple months ago, and it was amazing!